BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 04-02-19

By On 4th February 2019

I hope you had a good weekend.  Last week was severely weather-affected for me and it seemed like I was spending a lot of time doing jobs and then repeating them as plans changed!

I managed to take one of the BG Racing shareholders down for a very enjoyable morning with Neil on Tuesday which helped me to firm up plans for both The Way You Dance and My Brother, but then the big freeze and subsequent soft ground at Sandown ruled out the opportunities for My Brother to run at the back end of the week.  Here’s hoping we get a better run of weather now and can see both horses back on the racecourse in the next two weeks.

The Way You Dance

We settled on a race at Ascot on Saturday 16th February as the next intended run for The Way You Dance.  This is a 0-125 handicap hurdle over 2 miles 7 furlongs and is quite a valuable race.  We have logged the entry in advance, but entries do not close until next Monday (11th February).

We will need to keep an eye on the ground to ensure that it does not get too soft for TWYD, but hope that we should be able to get into this race and that it will be on suitable ground.  If the weather goes against us this week, then we will look for an all-weather flat handicap instead, but hopefully, this will not be necessary.

The Way You Dance should now be racing regularly if he stays sound and he should give shareholders loads of fun and hopefully a decent prize money return in the remainder of the year.  Shares are available at £360 per 1%, with 5% will be discounted to £1750 and 10% to £3400.  I only charge 10% to cover my time running the syndicates and this is further reduced for the 5% and 10% rates which really are excellent value.  Quoted costs are “all in” costs to 31st October 2019 and you will receive your share of prize money, plus full owners benefits and the sale proceeds from your share should you decide not to renew or if we sell the horse.

If you are interested in taking a share, please contact me and I will provide you with further information and the relevant paperwork.

My Brother

My Brother was declared to run at Fakenham last Thursday before the race was abandoned due to frozen ground.  We then did not declare him for Chepstow (which was frozen off anyway) on Friday or Sandown on Saturday where the ground had turned very soft from the melting snow.  The horses were kicking up a lot of loose ground at Sandown when I watched the racing on TV and I am sure we made the right decision.

This left us looking for another race and we have settled on a race at Kempton Park this Friday.  The race is a 0-115 handicap hurdle for conditional jockeys.  The race card is available here.  It is the first race on the card at 1.50pm and unless there is significant unexpected rain or My Brother suffers any setbacks this week, then this is a firm plan.

If you have been thinking about taking a shareholding of My Brother, then you should act now and you can come racing on Friday.  Shares are £450 per 1% and I reduce my admin fee for larger share purchases, so 5% is £2,200 and 10% is £4,250.  These are all in costs to 31st October 2019 with your share of prize money, full owners benefits and the sale proceeds from your share should you decide not to renew or if we sell the horse.  If you are interested in taking a shareholding, please contact me for further information.

From The Stables

Last Monday was a blank day for our stables.  On Tuesday, Johnny Farrelly ran Valse Au Taillons who was unplaced at Newcastle and Conna Cross who finished 3rd.  Neil Mulholland’s Solighoster ran at the same meeting but unfortunately was a faller.  Wednesday saw five non-runners from our stables due to Plumpton being abandoned and Thursday was another day with no runners.  We nearly had a runner on Friday but Lady Makfi was a late non-runner for Johnny making three consecutive blank days.  There were then only two runners over the weekend and both came at Leopardstown for Alan Fleming.  Tully East ran well but was unplaced on Saturday, whilst Speaker Connolly stayed on well to finish 3rd on Sunday.

Getting Involved

Fees for both horses are all inclusive to 31st October 2019 and buying a share in a BG Racing horse is a decision that you will not regret.  All quoted prices include the purchase price of the horse and should you decide to renew for a second year, you will only need to pay training fees which are under £200 per 1% share.  If you are interested in finding out more about what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed here.

Have a great week.

Phil


SHARE THIS ON:

6 months ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 04-02-19

4

FEB

No

Comments

BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.