BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 05-12-18

By On 27th November 2018

Back racing this week, so plenty to sort out!  My Brother heads to Sandown on Friday all being well and conditions look ideal for him.  I need to sort out badges for everyone as soon as we confirm the declaration on Thursday.  Most of the annual renewals are now sorted and I have applied the revaluation to My Brother following his Cheltenham run.

The Way You Dance

No problems with The Way You Dance and we are all on track.  I am speaking to Neil this week to agree on a race/date to target.  Diary clashes for two of the possible races before Christmas and the fact that Neil will probably want to start him on the all-weather, mean that we may be looking at between Christmas and the New Year or immediately after the New Year.

Now is a, therefore, a good time to get involved and a shareholding would make a great Christmas gift for yourself or someone in the family who enjoys racing.  Shares are available at £360 per 1%.  5% will be discounted to £1750 and 10% to £3400.  These are “all in” costs to 31st October 2019 with your share of prize money, full owners benefits and the sale proceeds from your share should you decide not to renew or if we sell the horse.

If you are interested in taking a share, please contact me and I will provide you with further information and the relevant paperwork.

My Brother

My Brother has had another good week and has been entered to run at Sandown on Friday.  The race is over 2 miles, there should be a decent size field and the ground is soft (good to soft in places).  Everything looks ideal for him to run a big race, although there are several previous winners in the race and some that have multiple victories to their name.  We will make a final decision at declaration on Thursday morning, but the plan is to race unless there is an issue in the interim.

The race is the last on the card at 3.30pm and there should be a good group of shareholders there to support him.

My Brother’s valuation has been reassessed following his Cheltenham race and he is now valued at £25,000.  Allowing for a month of training already completed, this means that shares are now £450 per 1%.  I will reduce my admin fee for larger share purchases, so 5% is £2,200 and 10% is £4,250.  These are all in costs to 31st October 2019 with your share of prize money, full owners benefits and the sale proceeds from your share should you decide not to renew or if we sell the horse.  If you are interested in taking a shareholding, please contact me for further information.  It is not too late to buy a share before he runs this week.

From The Stables

Nothing from our stables last Tuesday and just the one for Neil Mulholland at Hereford on Wednesday where Better News was unplaced.  Alan Fleming ran three at Punchestown but had no success.  Mount Pelier was fancied, but they went very slow and he was trapped on the inside and outpaced.  Air Gold and Speaker Connolly were also beaten.

On Thursday, Johnny Farrelly ran last time out winner, Winter Spice, at Taunton this afternoon but she was beaten as was his runner at Kempton, Hell of a Lady.  Neil secured a place from Carrigmoorna Lad at Warwick, but Mrs Burbidge did not make the places at Taunton despite a decent run.

Friday featured two non-runners as Neachells Bridge for Neil and Khudha for Alan came out of their respective races.  Saturday saw two runners for Neil at Newbury but Sleep Easy and The Young Master were both disappointing.  Hollywood Dream just missed the places for Neil at Wolverhampton having been 2nd inside the final furlong.  Neil also had Last Enchantment and Solighoster unplaced but managed a 3rd from Cesar Et Rosalie who stayed on well.  Over at Fairyhouse, Alan’s Devils Glen was unplaced.

On Sunday, Vancouver was 3rd at Leicester for Neil and The Twisler was 2nd later on the card before we had a blank Monday with no runners from our stables.

How to Get Involved

There has never been a better time to get involved as the fees for both horses are all inclusive to 31st October 2019.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

Buying a share in a BG Racing horse is a decision that you will not regret.  All quoted prices include the purchase price of the horse and should you decide to renew for a second year, you will only need to pay training fees which are under £200 per 1% share.  If you are interested in discussing what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed by following this link:

Have a great week.



2 years ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 05-12-18





BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.