BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 10-06-20

By On 10th June 2020

Firstly, my apologies for running a few days late with the update.  It has been a pretty manic week.  The restart of racing has made things a lot busier, but I am enjoying it!  With this update running late, I may skip producing another one this weekend and produce another on the weekend of the 20th June.

It has been great to see some racing including the first couple of classics and I am looking forward to Royal Ascot next week.

We had a BG Racing shareholder quiz online last Friday which was great fun and I have managed to get some of the shareholders up to the gallops this week without breaching any guidelines on group sizes, which has been great

Our Horses Update

Fr Humphrey – Fr Humphrey remains in good form and he is working well at Neil Mulholland’s yard.  He is still on track to return to action once jump racing resumes and shareholders received some video of him on the gallops on Saturday morning when he looked to be in good form.

Shares are only £150 per 1% covering the period to 31st October with discounts for 5% and 10% purchases.  I have some shares still available, so please click here to see more information or contact me if you are interested.

My Brother – My Brother is on track and there are no problems.  He is a couple of weeks behind Fr Humphrey but is cantering every day.  Neil sent a video of him on the hill gallop on Monday morning and he looks very well.  See here for shareholding details.

Dynamic Kate – is enjoying her summer holiday and will not be back in for a few weeks.  She is an exciting prospect though and will run in the current shareholding period, so now would still be a good time to secure your share and have the first refusal for renewal.  More details on her page.

Silver Imperial – As many of you may have seen or know Silver Imperial refused to enter the stalls and was withdrawn from her race at Kempton last week.  There was a very long wait at the start and several of the other runners were showing signs of unrest and it was all getting very noisy.  When she was first led forward she spooked and after that, she was not going to go into the stalls and they went off without her.  Michael Attwater was really disappointed as she has done loads of stalls tests including the Barrier Trial and after a couple of issues the first couple of times she has not had any problems.  This was partly the product of her getting affected by the circumstances, but also the reduced numbers of stalls handlers allowed at the start.  It is taking longer than usual to load the horses and if any horse plays up it can set off others as they have more time to get worked up.  We now need her to pass a stalls test before she can race and you need to wait two weeks to do this, so she is eligible from 16th June.  We will get her a test as soon as one is available after that.

This does mean that I may be able to sell the last few shares before she runs.  See her webpage for details and keep an eye on Linked In and Facebook on Thursday for a video taken on the gallops today!

You can contact me, via the website contact page if you want any more information about any of the horses.  I will be very happy to correspond by email or schedule a call.  Being an owner might be the only way you can watch horse racing live this summer, so now could be a great time to get involved.

I should also point out that irrespective of the price paid for shares, if the actual costs are less than I factored into the share price (and they are likely to be if racing is suspended for a long period), then all shareholders receive a proportionate rebate of their fees at the end of the period.

Resumption of Racing Updates

The Flat and Jump programmes for the month of July have now been set and the August programme should be available by the end of June.  This all sounds promising in terms of jumps racing being back on 1st July!  There have been a few more changes to the top races in terms of scheduling and re-scheduling, but things are starting to head towards a more normal programme.

A stalls test at Newmarket takes place today and the BHA is working to confirm further venues and dates asap, so hopefully one will be available soon after 16th June when Silver Imperial becomes eligible to do hers.

More jockeys are becoming eligible to ride with 5lb claiming apprentice jockeys to become eligible to ride in races from Monday 15 June and 7lb claiming apprentice jockeys to become eligible to ride in races from Monday 22 June.

The maximum field limit will increase from 12 runners to 14 runners from Monday 15 June and larger fields will be permitted for big races.

Getting Involved

If you are interested in finding out more about what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed here.

Have a great week.

Phil


SHARE THIS ON:

4 weeks ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 10-06-20

10

JUN

No

Comments

BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.