BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 28-01-19

By On 28th January 2019

It was a very enjoyable weekend down in Cheltenham watching trials day even if we did have some disappointment in not seeing My Brother run in the last race of the day.  It was an off, on and off again morning on Friday.  Having resigned myself to the fact that we could not run My Brother as he would be out of the handicap, it suddenly looked as though the top weight would not be declared making it possible for us to run.  Unfortunately, a while later we were told that the top weight would be running after all and this meant that we did not declare My Brother.  Suffice to say I did not get much else done for around 90 minutes in the run-up to the declarations deadline!

With no run however we move onto to where to go now and more on this below.

The Way You Dance

The Way You Dance seems to have come out of his race well and the race diary from his Wolverhampton run has been posted on the website.

We are now looking at where to run next.   There is an option at Taunton on Monday 4th and another at Warwick on Saturday 9th, as well as an attractive option at Ascot on Saturday the 16th February.  We will keep an eye on the ground though as there is no point in targetting a race if the ground is likely to come up soft and go against us and if necessary we will switch back to the all-weather and find a flat handicap.

The Way You Dance should now be competitive again both on the flat and over hurdles and he should be racing 10 or more subsequent races in the next 6-8 months if he stays sound.  He will give shareholders loads of fun and hopefully a decent prize money return in that period.  Shares are available at £360 per 1%.  5% will be discounted to £1750 and 10% to £3400.  These are “all in” costs to 31st October 2019 with your share of prize money, full owners benefits and the sale proceeds from your share should you decide not to renew or if we sell the horse.

If you are interested in taking a share, please contact me and I will provide you with further information and the relevant paperwork.

My Brother

The race diary for My Brother‘s Fontwell run is also now on the website.  As mentioned above, we were unable to get My Brother into the race at Cheltenham on Saturday and he has been given three entries this week in a bid to get him back running.  He is in at Fakenham on Thursday, Chepstow on Friday and Sandown on Saturday.

The Fakenham race (race card here) is a valuable race but has only attracted 9 entries.  The race will probably end up with less than 8 runners and possibly even less than 5.  The race is only 2 miles and it is at Fakenham which is much tighter a track than we would like for My Brother but he might get a small field and the ground looks like it will be ideal. The Chepstow race (race card here) went the other way with 43 entries!  The course would probably be more suitable and My Brother would probably make it into the field, but it is almost certain that there will be a maximum field size of 15 runners and the weather forecast would suggest that the ground might also get a bit soft at Chepstow by Friday.  The third option is a race at Sandown on Saturday (race card here).  The ground at Sandown is currently Good to Soft, Soft in places and there is less precipitation forecast at Sandown than Chepstow during the week.  The Sandown race is a novice handicap and the track will suit more than Fakenham, but as we know from experience we would not want to run My Brother if it got soft there.  We will monitor all three options this week and make a decision on Wednesday.

If you have been thinking about taking a shareholding of My Brother, then you should act now.  Shares are £450 per 1% and I reduce my admin fee for larger share purchases, so 5% is £2,200 and 10% is £4,250.  These are all in costs to 31st October 2019 with your share of prize money, full owners benefits and the sale proceeds from your share should you decide not to renew or if we sell the horse.  If you are interested in taking a shareholding, please contact me for further information.

From The Stables

It was a quiet week with no runners on Monday and Tuesday and then the planned runners from Johnny Farrelly’s yard on Wednesday missed out when the meeting at Hereford was abandoned.  There were also no runners on Thursday and the only runner on Friday was Neil Mulholland’s Vancouver who was well beaten at Huntingdon.  We finally had some action on Saturday, when Alan Fleming had two at Fairyhouse where King Alex was well beaten and more disappointingly, Maddenstown suffered a similar fate.  Neil had two at Uttoxeter and whilst Molly Carew unseated her rider, Cesar Et Rosalie ran a cracker and came home in front winning with Robbie Dunne on board.  Neil had two more runners on Sunday with Vinnie Rouge beaten, but Lee Side Lady finishing 3rd.

Getting Involved

Fees for both horses are all inclusive to 31st October 2019 and buying a share in a BG Racing horse is a decision that you will not regret.  All quoted prices include the purchase price of the horse and should you decide to renew for a second year, you will only need to pay training fees which are under £200 per 1% share.  If you are interested in discussing what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed here.

Have a great week.



1 year ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 28-01-19





BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.