BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 24-02-20

By On 24th February 2020

I need to open up with apologies for another missed weekly update.  We had friends staying with us last weekend and in the early part of the week and with Mount Oliver running at Sedgefield on Thursday, I got backed up and the thing that did not get done was the weekly update.  Many apologies.

Everything is going well with all of the horses and I have provided updates on each horse below.  All the details of the current share options and background on each horse can be found in a document on the website here and please contact me, via the website contact page if you want any more information.

Anjaal Filly (Silver Imperial?)

Our Anjaal filly is fit and well, I spoke to Michael about her this morning.  The current plan is for her to be named Silver Imperial and we have contacted her owner to check that they are happy with this.  Their stipulation was that she should have “silver” in the name, so they should be fine with it and once we get confirmation back, we will get the registration in.

In preparation for her debut, Michael was keen that she get used to starting stalls and in keeping with everything else she has done in training, she was a bit of a handful the first few times she was asked to go through them!  She seems to be getting the hang of it now though and we are hoping to take her for a racecourse gallop in the coming days.

We are getting close to seeing her on the track and I still have some shareholding left.  Fees for her cover the period to 31st December 2020 and start at £240 (1% share) for the year with discounts for larger purchases – £1,100 for 5% and £2000 for 10%.  Monthly payments are accepted if you don’t want to pay everything upfront and she will be running regularly this year if she stays injury-free and should provide us with plenty of fun and if she proves to be decent then maybe a good level of prize money as well!

My Brother

I spoke to Neil on Saturday and he confirmed that My Brother is absolutely fine and continues to build his fitness. Neil remains very happy with the progress he is making and how strong he is looking and My Brother is still on track to be back racing this season and will continue into the summer if he is fit and well.

At his current share price, he could end up being cracking value as his valuation would be significantly higher than the current level if he bounces back to the form he showed pre-injury and there is no reason why he cannot do so.

New shareholding can be purchased at £65 per 1% share (£300 for 5% and £550 for 10%) and the training fee to October 2020 is £250 per 1% share (£1150 for 5% and £2100 for 10%).  You can pay monthly if you prefer.

Fr Humphrey / Mount Oliver

The race diary for Mount Oliver’s run at Exeter last month is now on the website here.  I hope to add a race diary for last weeks’ Sedgefield run later today or tomorrow.

After his planned race at Lingfield was abandoned, we decided to go all the way up to Sedgefield with Mount Oliver last Thursday.  It was a perfect race for him in terms of conditions and we always intended that he should run as regularly as possible and so whilst the location was far from ideal, it seemed like the right thing to do.

Mount Oliver finished third and it was a good run, but it may have been better if he had managed to avoid being hampered approaching the home turn.  The good news is that he has seems to have taken the race well and hopefully he can make amends soon.

In the race, Mount Oliver was slow but safe on a few occasions which cost him some ground, but the only time that this became an issue was at the third last where he was passed in the air by two rivals.  Tom Scudamore immediately pushed him up between them, but as he did so, they closed the gap and he lost a lot of momentum just as they hit a downhill run and he was never going to be able to get back to the leaders from there.

There are a few races in the next couple of weeks that would be suitable for Mount Oliver, once he has recovered from his Sedgefield exertions.

All is well with Fr Humphrey, but we would like the weather to turn soon, as heavy ground on March 21st at Newbury would not be ideal for him.  The last two qualifiers for his series (Fontwell and Hereford) have both been abandoned and there is one more qualifier this Sunday at Kelso.

Shareholding in Fr Humphrey and Mount Oliver was available on a “two horses for one share price” option until 30th April 2020.  The period runs to the end of April 2020 and much of this already behind us, there are further races though including the valuable veteran’s final for Fr Humphrey, so if you are interested in getting involved, please let me know.

Dynamic Kate

I also spoke to Neil about Dynamic Kate who is continuing to build up to a race or two at the back end of the current jumps season.  There have been no issues in the last couple of weeks and she continues to progress.  Neil is happy with her and all is on track.

Whilst she may only run three or four times before renewal on 31st October, we have her for at least two or three seasons and she could be exciting, so you may need to get involved now to be sure of securing a shareholding.  She really could be anything and it is conceivable that she could be a top-level performer able to contest big races.  She is currently just £250 per 1% share (£1150 for 5% and £2100 for 10%) covering the period to 31st October 2020.

From The Stables

On Monday 10th, Neil Mulholland ran Milreu Has at Plumpton but he was pulled up.  Tuesday 11th was a frustrating day for Michael Attwater at Chelmsford when Ask The Guru, Juanito Chico and Mr Fox all three ran well and finished close up, but none of them got their head in front.  There were no runners from our stables on the next two days but we were back in action on Friday 14th when Master Burbidge was 2nd for Neil at Lingfield.  Saturday 15th was not successful for our trainers with Neachells Bridge for Neil and Something Lucky and Sea Bright for Michael all unplaced.

Just the runner last Sunday, Noble Deed for Michael who was unplaced.  On Monday, Neil’s runner Lyrical Ballad was unplaced at Kempton and for Michael, Hornby, Lee Roy and Savoy Brown were all unplaced, whilst his Music Major put in the best performance, finishing 2nd.  Daniel Dravot was the only Tuesday runner, but he was well-beaten at Southwell for Michael.  On Wednesday, Neil should have had a winner, as Kansas City Chief was in front and going clear coming to the last hurdle where he jinked left and missed the flight.  Delagate this Lord at least finished his race but was unplaced at Kempton for Michael.

On Thursday, the ground at Huntingdon was terrible and Neil’s Miss Jeanne Moon and Ballymilan were pulled up.  Mount Oliver handled it OK at Sedgefield but was 3rd, the same position as Michael’s Solar Park at Chelmsford.  His other runner, Big Time Maybe was a close-up 4th at Southwell.  On Friday, Neil ran Percy Pops who was unplaced at Exeter and Man Of The Sea who was unplaced at Lingfield and on Saturday, Neil’s two runners at Kempton, No Hidden Charges and Queens Magic both failed to figure in their races.

Getting Involved

If you are interested in finding out more about what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed here.

Have a great week.

Phil


SHARE THIS ON:

2 months ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 24-02-20

24

FEB

No

Comments

BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.