BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 25-05-20

By On 25th May 2020

I hope you are having a good bank holiday weekend.  The weather seems to be back into summer mode here and I just had to come in from the garden to avoid getting sunburn, hence a web update!  I hope this finds you happy and healthy, I am hoping that we all get some good news later this week with a return of racing this time next week.

Our Horses Update

Fr Humphrey – Fr Humphrey is fine and I was able to send around a short video of him on the gallops earlier this week.  He will continue training to get him ready for July.

Shares are only £150 per 1% covering the period to 31st October with discounts for 5% and 10% purchases.  I have some shares still available, so please click here to see more information or contact me if you are interested.

My Brother – My Brother is also fine and is continuing to do a little bit every day ahead of a summer return. He is on track to return to racing in July and could increase his value over the summer if he returns to his earlier level of ability.  See here for shareholding details.

Dynamic Kate – is enjoying her summer holiday and will not be back in for a few weeks.  She is an exciting prospect though and will run in the current shareholding period, so now would still be a good time to secure your share and have the first refusal for renewal.  More details on her page.

Silver Imperial – I saw Silver Imperial on the gallops and at the stables on Wednesday and got some video and photos which I will share on social media. Shares have been selling well but it is not too late to get involved, see her page for details.

You can contact me, via the website contact page if you want any more information.  I will be very happy to correspond by email or schedule a call.  Being an owner might be the only way you can watch horse racing live this summer, so now could be a great time to get involved.

I should also point out that irrespective of the price paid for shares, if the actual costs are less than I factored into the share price (and they are likely to be if racing is suspended for a long period), then all shareholders receive a proportionate rebate of their fees at the end of the period.

Resumption of Racing

All still seems to be on track for a 1st June restart but this will totally hinge on Government announcements later this week.  A provisional fixture list through to the end of August has now been published and this is also based on Jumps racing resuming as planned on 1st July.  Many fixtures, including Glorious Goodwood and The York Ebor meetings, remain unchanged from the original schedule.

The full race programme for the remainder of June (race conditions as opposed to just where the racing will take place) should be published today.  Ascot has published details of the Royal Ascot meeting already and this includes six additional races, with seven races staged on the first four days and eight on the final card. All races at Royal Ascot, including the handicaps, will be restricted to a maximum of 24 runners, which is more than will be allowed at most other fixtures as 12 runners will be the general limit with more allowed to run in group and listed races.

It has been announced that 72-hour declarations will be in place for all races from 1 June until further notice. This will ensure all participants are able to complete the necessary preparatory steps between declaration and attendance at the racecourse, including the compulsory pre-entry health screening.  This means a decision on whether to run will need to be taken three days before the race.

Protocols for racing behind closed doors were published over the weekend.  These include details about who is permitted to attend the racecourse in the early stages of resumption and owners are excluded in the short term, although it has been stated that owners will have priority in terms of getting more people into the course as soon as this is possible.

The protocols are pretty significant and include when PPE needs to be worn on the course and by whom.  No one is going to be allowed on course until they have completed an online certification.

Getting Involved

If you are interested in finding out more about what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed here.

Have a great week.



1 month ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 25-05-20





BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.