BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 25-06-20

By On 25th June 2020

Wow – opening up with apologies again.  I was later with the last update not issuing it until Wednesday 10th June and then rather than issuing one a few days later, I decided to skip a weekend.  That means this one should have come out last weekend and here I am on Thursday!  Apologies.

There is plenty going on with a runner for use tomorrow and I have updates on all the horses below.

Our Horses Update

Fr Humphrey – Fr Humphrey remains in good form but I spoke to Neil yesterday and Humphrey is not coming down to his racing weight as fast as we hoped.  As he is good when fresh, Neil does not want to run him unless he is race fit and wants his weight to be spot on for that.

Neil has picked out a race on 10th July at Market Rasen as a possible starting point, but he may not be quite ready for that.  There are others in the couple of weeks that follow though and he should be back racing soon.

Shares are only £150 per 1% covering the period to 31st October with discounts for 5% and 10% purchases.  I have some shares still available, so please click here to see more information or contact me if you are interested.

My Brother – My Brother is also working well.  He is doing three canters a day, but Neil says that he is a little behind Fr Humphrey and he will need to do some faster work with him for a period before he is ready to run.  He is well and there are no problems, but probably will not be ready until the end of July or August.  Neil sent another video of him on the hill gallop yesterday which I was able to send to shareholders.  See here for shareholding details.

Dynamic Kate – continues to enjoy her summer holiday.  We have agreed to bring her back into work at the start of July to give her about 12 weeks of training to ensure she is ready to run at the end of September or early October.  She has blossomed during her break and she looks great and again I sent a video of her to shareholders yesterday.  She is an exciting prospect and will run in the current shareholding period, so now would still be a good time to secure your share and have the first refusal for renewal.  More details on her page.

Silver Imperial – Silver Imperial passed her stalls test at Lambourn on Monday and we had entered her for a race at Lingfield tomorrow (Friday) with the hope that she would pass and when she did we were able to declare her for this.  Her race at Lingfield is at 7 pm tomorrow.  There is a maximum field of 14.  There are no previous winners in the races but there are two that were 2nd on debut.  It will be on Sky Sports Racing if you want to watch!

The ground is a bit of a concern as there is “Good to Firm” in the going report and with a hot day today, we might need one of the forecast storms to take the sting out of the ground.  With her long term future in mind, we would gain nothing by running her and setting her back a few weeks by making her sore, so Michael will want to be sure that the ground is not too jarring before we finally commit to running.  William Carson (son of the famous Willie Carson for those with long memories) has been booked to ride.  He has ridden for Michael quite often and is a jockey that Michael trusts.

Let’s hope that she runs well.  I do still have a few shares available if anyone wants to get involved ahead of the race!  See her webpage for details, there is time to get involved before she runs and she is only £210 for a 1% share including all costs to 31st December!

You can contact me, via the website contact page if you want any more information about any of the horses.  I will be very happy to correspond by email or schedule a call.  Being an owner might be the only way you can watch horse racing live this summer, so now could be a great time to get involved.

I should also point out that irrespective of the price paid for shares, if the actual costs are less than I factored into the share price (and they are likely to be if racing is suspended for a long period), then all shareholders receive a proportionate rebate of their fees at the end of the period.

Resumption of Racing Updates

Jumps racing is back on the 1st July, although it starts on the 1st with a meeting at Southwell and then there is a break until the 6th when there is a Uttoxeter meeting.  After that, there are regular fixtures though, so there should be opportunities for the national hunt horses.

The BHA has issued another update confirming that they are working hard on getting owners back onto the racecourse and further announcements on this seem likely in the next couple of weeks.

It is a bit sad to see that having worked so well together to get racing back re-started, the infighting seems to have returned, with the racehorse owners association and the racecourses association deciding to have a slanging match in the Racing Post about how much racecourses should be putting into prize money.  After achieving so much working together, it is ridiculous that they suddenly think that throwing insults around is going to motivate the other party to do what they want them to.  As you may be aware, I am part of the Racehorse Syndicates Association and we are trying to work positively with everyone.  We have a really good relationship with several racecourses and are building others and hopefully, the progress we are making will be an example of what can be achieved through partnership rather than confrontation.

From The Stables

Michael had his first winner since the restart on Thursday 11th June when Something Lucky finally got his head in front after many near misses.  Noble Deed was unplaced the same day as was Ask The Guru.  There were two places for Michael on Saturday when Big Time Maybe and Lawn Ranger both came third, before Magical Thomas was unplaced for Neil at Newmarket on Sunday.

On Monday 15th, Michael had Passing Clouds, Juanito Chico and Fujaira King all unplaced and on Tuesday 16th he had three more unplaced, Savoy Brown, Mr Fox and Chromium, but his other runner, Delagate The Lady, was a 20-1 winner! Neils runner Debt of Honour was unplaced the same day.  After a couple of blank days with no runners, Solar Park ran for Michael on Friday but was unplaced and his Noble Deed was unplaced the following day.

Neil had no joy with Darksideoftarnside and Penny Poet on Sunday, but on Monday, our stables were back in the winners when Diligent Lady won at Windsor for Michael.  Michael’s other runner Ask The Guru was unplaced.

Getting Involved

If you are interested in finding out more about what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed here.

Have a great week.



2 weeks ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 25-06-20





BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.