BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 26-03-20

By On 26th March 2020

Stuff moves pretty quickly, doesn’t it?  Four weeks ago and CoronaVirus was just something on the news, three weeks ago there was an outside chance that it might impact on Cheltenham, two weeks ago it had not done so and I was enjoying the Festival and now here we are, most of us stuck in our houses worrying about food deliveries & trips to the supermarket and spending a lot more time on the telephone!

UK racing shut down a week ago and thus stuffed our six-month plan to race Fr Humphrey in the Veterans Final at Newbury last weekend, Dubai racing shut down on Monday and Irish racing shut down yesterday and with those two went the opportunity to see any horses (that I might have heard of) racing in the near future!

There is more to life than racing though and whilst the racing shutdown could have a significant financial impact on me, the current situation will have a massive financial impact on a lot of people and worse still could have health and wellbeing implications as well.  We all need to pull together and support each other and I am looking forward to chatting about the horses with BG Racing shareholders that I can no longer see face-to-face.

If you know of anyone that might be interested in getting involved in ownership (and yes I am aware that for many, now will not be a good time to get involved), it would really help me if they chose to get involved, so please put them in touch with me.  I will do them a great deal and I will make sure that they have a great experience when we get through this!  Details of the horses and these can be found in a document on the website here and you can contact me, via the website contact page if you want any more information.  I should also point out that irrespective of the price paid for shares, if the actual costs are less than I factored into the share price (and they are likely to be if racing is suspended for a long period), then all shareholders receive a proportionate rebate of their fees at the end of the period.

Fr Humphrey & Mount Oliver

It was really disappointing to lose the chance to run Fr Humphrey at Newbury, and Mount Oliver again.  Humphrey had a really good chance of winning and even if he had not, then we would have had a great afternoon at the races.  I am also pretty sure that Olly would have had a great chance if we could have run him again.

With the shareholding period ending on 30th April, I have decided to try to sell shares in Fr Humphrey for the summer as we can aim him at some decent races once racing restarts and he is in great form.  I would not have been able to sell shares in Mount Oliver for the summer (due to his preference for soft ground) though and he is returning home to Ireland.  We may bring Mount Oliver back next winter if there is sufficient interest in shares, but that is a decision for another day.

Silver Imperial

Another massive disappointment, in that the shutdown means Silver Imperial misses her racecourse debut.  She did really well in the barrier trial and her debut was keenly anticipated.  She will be kept ticking over so she is ready to run when racing resumes.

I do still have some shareholding left and fees for her cover the period to 31st December 2020.  Under the circumstances, I am prepared to significantly reduce my management fees for anyone who is prepared to purchase shareholding whilst racing is suspended.  Please contact me if you are interested as this is a deal I am unlikely to be able to repeat in the future!

My Brother

The same story as the shutdown also has prevented My Brother from returning to action.  Again Neil will keep him ticking over so hopefully, he can have a summer jumps campaign.  As with Silver Imperial, I am prepared to reduce my management fees heavily during the suspension of racing, so this is your chance to get hold of a shareholding at a discount.  New shareholding was £65 per 1% share (£300 for 5% and £550 for 10%) and the training fee to October 2020 was £250 per 1% share (£1150 for 5% and £2100 for 10%), but if you contact me now, I will sort you out a discount on a horse that could well be worth much more once he gets back racing.

Dynamic Kate

Can you guess where this heading?  Yes, Dynamic Kate will also miss her racecourse debut as the national hunt season will be over before racing resumes.  She will now have a summer holiday so she can hit the ground running and race in the Autumn before the shareholding renews.  She was just £250 per 1% share (£1150 for 5% and £2100 for 10%) covering the period to 31st October 2020.  I will be able to discount these fees if you contact me now.

From The Stables

On Tuesday 17th March, the last day before UK horse racing was suspended, Neil Mulholland had four runners behind closed doors at Taunton.  Jewelinthename, Dubai Key, Ragamuffin and Deputy Jones were all unplaced and whilst this was not unexpected, we hardly went into the break on a high!

Getting Involved

If you are interested in finding out more about what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed here.

Have a great week.

Phil


SHARE THIS ON:

2 weeks ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 26-03-20

26

MAR

No

Comments

BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.