BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 26-06-18

By On 26th June 2018

We continue to be frustrated by the ground for the debut of My Brother and The Way You Dance was not quite ready to take up an engagement at Newton Abbot today.  It therefore ended up being a week of planning, culminating in a lack of action, but that’s horse racing and it makes the days when the plans do come together all the more sweet!

The Way You Dance

We entered The Way You Dance for a 3 mile 2 furlong race at Newton Abbot to be run this evening, but he failed to sparkle in his piece of faster work last Thursday and we decided to postpone a final decision on his participation until the weekend.  When I spoke to Neil on Sunday he reported that The Way You Dance had worked OK, but only OK, on Saturday.  We discussed the race at Newton Abbot and Neil expressed concern over running as he felt that TWYD would definitely be better with another piece of work or two.  On top of this, Neil was concerned that the extra distance of the race may have seen him “running on empty” at the end of the race, with the possibility that we could also leave him needing a longer recovery than we might want.

Reluctantly we decided to miss the Newton Abbot engagement and look for an alternative.  Unfortunately, there are not that many over hurdles in the coming days, so we decided to stay on the flat for another run and race over 2 miles back at Chepstow on the 3rd July.  Neil feels that we still have some scope in all three of TWYD’s handicap marks and the race at Chepstow is perfect conditions being a 0-75 handicap over 2 miles.

To follow that, there are then two races over hurdles at Uttoxeter in July, another at Newton Abbot and a valuable hurdle at Worcester at the end of July.  We will look at all of these options after the Chepstow race, once we see how well he comes out of it.

Why not buy into The Way You Dance and get involved in his success.  Shares are £280.50 per 1%, reducing to £275 per 1% if you buy 5% and £270 per 1% if you buy 10%. Plenty more chances to come racing this summer and there is nothing else to pay before renewal in October.  Contact me for details.

Justice Super

After asking for someone who may want to take on Justice Super, I was put in touch with someone who may be interested.  We are currently exchanging emails but I would still be keen to speak to anyone else that may be interested in case this does not come to fruition.

My Brother

Neil entered My Brother for both the 2m and the 2m4f hurdles at Worcester, due to be run tomorrow.  The ground at Worcester was good at the time entries were made and Neil was very keen to run in one race or the other as the Worcester ground is usually very safe even when only watered.  With racing at Worcester on Sunday, Neil said that he would check the ground then.

Unfortunately, when he reported back it was to say that the ground at Worcester had been “plenty fast enough” on Sunday and he was not sure how much water that they would be able to get on it before racing on Wednesday and what impact the watering would have in the current weather conditions.

We deferred a final decision until this morning when unfortunately we decided that it was a “no go”.  The ground is reported as faster than Sunday and both races that My Brother was entered in had attracted maximum field sizes and therefore look competitive races.  The two miler in particular had a couple of nice looking former winners in the field, so it certainly would not have been an easy introduction for My Brother on ground that will almost certainly be faster than we would like.

Neil is as frustrated as we are over this.  He is itching to see what My Brother can do on the track and is starting to get tempted to run him anyway despite conditions that he knows are not best for the horse.  Looking at the weather forecast and ground forecasts for the coming days, Neil has suggested that we remove this temptation and give the horse a couple of easy days to let him down a bit and freshen him up again before we look for another race.  It is hard for horses to stay in “ready to race” condition for a long period and My Brother has been waiting for conditions to come right for several weeks now.  Given that we are unlikely to get decent ground for a couple of weeks, Nell thinks that now is the right time to give him a few days break and I agree with this, as it will also save us the build up of “will we, wont we” around cycles of entries and non declarations.  Hopefully when we enter next, we will be able to be more confident about running intentions!

Shares in My Brother are £450 for 1%, but I will discount these to £430 per 1% for 5% purchase and £410 per 1% for 10% purchases.  I am also happy to take instalment payments.  This is an all in cost to 31st October 2018 and at renewal shares will be less than £200 per 1% share to cover training fees should you decide to stay involved for another year.  Please contact me for more information.

From The Stables

Going all the way back to last Saturday (16th June) and whilst Masquerade Bling ran a nice race for Neil, she did not make the frame.  Morning Sequel was unplaced, but the day finished on a high for Neil when Vis A Vis won at Sandown.  He surprised the market, drifting from 11-1 to 20-1 before getting through late in the race to snatch a win.  Johnny’s Paraphenalia dwelt in the stalls and never got near to contending.

There were no stables runners on Sunday or Monday, so we returned to action on Tuesday when Novis Adventus ran better than he had previously for Neil but still did not feature at Stratford.  Admiral Kid popped into 2nd at 33-1 though which was a good run. For Johnny, Sehalyi was beaten and Kalakadesmilley did not get involved at the business end of the race either.  Onto Wednesday and Neil’s Mrs Burbidge weakened at the end of her race but Johnny’s Western Sunrise did not.  She battled all the way to the line going down by half a length with the rest well beaten.  Neil also had Free Bounty and Johnny, Big Picture in a later race, but neither featured.  Johnny ran four on Thursday and they ran similar races, fading out of contention late.  Valse Au Taillons probably needed the run, Lost At Sea, Mr Lando and Marvellous Monty were the other beaten runners.

On Friday, Neil’s Champagne George was beaten.  Borderline Chatho for Alan was the Racing Post’s “eyecatcher” as they felt his run after a break was promising.  He was beaten for third in a photo.  Both stable runners were 4th on Saturday, Glan Y Gors at Gowran Park for Alan and Cape Banjo at Newmarket for Neil.  Neil sent four out on Sunday, without much luck.  Rossetti was unplaced, The Twisler was third, Cor What An Apple was unplaced and Queens Magic was second in a small field contest.  Yesterday also did not add to the win column.  The Wicket Chicken was 2nd for Neil, Bermeo was unplaced for Johnny and for Alan, Product of Love was 4th, just missing the places.

Why Not Join Us?

All quoted prices include the purchase price of the horse and should you decide to renew for a second year, you will only need to pay training fees which are under £200 per 1% share.  If you are interested in discussing what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.  I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed by following this link:  https://www.bgracingsyndicates.co.uk/subscribe-for-our-free-guide/

Have a great week.

Phil


SHARE THIS ON:

9 months ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 26-06-18

26

JUN

No

Comments

BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.