BG Racing Syndicates

Members Area
Weekly Update 31-12-18

By On 31st December 2018

Trying to get back on a regular schedule with weekly blog posts, hence this one does follow the last quite closely.  We decided not to run My Brother at Doncaster as the ground there had firmed up to good and we would prefer to get some proper good to soft ground if we can in the next couple of weeks.  There is no problem with him, as soon as we get the right conditions, he is raring to go!

The Way You Dance

All is fine with The Way You Dance and he is coming along nicely in terms of getting himself fit enough for a run.

We are still targetting the race at Wolverhampton on Saturday 19th January, but may make entries before that.  If we do, then I will be in touch with shareholders of The Way You Dance to confirm this and to give an indication of running plans.

As previously stated, once we kick off with him, the intention would be to go all the way through to late summer/autumn with him as long as he stays injury free and we will be happy to go on the flat or over hurdles.

Now is a great time to get involved as you could be racing in a couple of weeks.  Shares are available at £360 per 1%.  5% will be discounted to £1750 and 10% to £3400.  These are “all in” costs to 31st October 2019 with your share of prize money, full owners benefits and the sale proceeds from your share should you decide not to renew or if we sell the horse.

If you are interested in taking a share, please contact me and I will provide you with further information and the relevant paperwork.

My Brother

We decided this morning that we will not enter My Brother for the race at Newcastle this Saturday.  Neil has no other runners scheduled to go to Newcastle and we have decided to bypass this race.

At the moment, we will target the race at Huntingdon on the 11th January, but we may enter a similar race at Chepstow next Monday (7th Jan) and will also look at the ground for two options at Catterick and Leicester next week.

My Brother shares are £450 per 1% and there is every chance that he will bounce back to his Cheltenham form on better ground.  I will reduce my admin fee for larger share purchases, so 5% is £2,200 and 10% is £4,250.  These are all in costs to 31st October 2019 with your share of prize money, full owners benefits and the sale proceeds from your share should you decide not to renew or if we sell the horse.  If you are interested in taking a shareholding, please contact me for further information.

From The Stables

Last Thursday, Tully East did not run badly for Alan Fleming but finished midfield whilst his other runner Air Gold was unplaced in the bumper.  For Neil Mulholland, Last Enchantment turned for home as one of only two horses that were still on the bridle, but he was outstayed to finish out of the places.  Neil’s second runner, Kansas City Chief in the Welsh Grand National plugged on well but never got close enough to threaten the places.

On Friday, we just had two runners for Alan and it was not a day of good news as promising novice chaser Borderline Chatho was badly injured in a last-fence fall when in a three-way challenge for the lead and sadly he could not be saved.  Alan’s other runner Khudha was unplaced.

A busy Saturday with two more runners for Alan and three for Neil.  It was great to see Alan get a winner through Speaker Connolly in the first at Leopardstown.  No compensation for the previous day, but at least something to smile about.  Alan’s other runner, Mount Pelier ran OK but was unplaced.  Neil’s Caroles Destrier ran a cracker and in what turned out to be a test of stamina, he plugged on really well and ground down his rivals in the closing stages.  Neil’s other jumps runner, Walt, also ran well coming off a narrow 2nd best.  Neil’s all-weather runner, Morning Sequel, was unplaced at Southwell.

Two runners for Neil on Sunday at Taunton.  Passing Oceans was a well-beaten sixth, whilst Inaminna ran well for a 25-1 shot but finished 5th.

Getting Involved

There has never been a better time to get involved as the fees for both horses are all inclusive to 31st October 2019.

I issue weekly shareholder updates (which go into more detail than the blog) and frequent updates on social media.  Feel free to like the FaceBook page and follow the Twitter updates.

Buying a share in a BG Racing horse is a decision that you will not regret.  All quoted prices include the purchase price of the horse and should you decide to renew for a second year, you will only need to pay training fees which are under £200 per 1% share.  If you are interested in discussing what is involved, then please do get in touch as I would be delighted to discuss things with you.

I also have an e-book entitled “Racehorse Ownership – Everything You Might Have Wanted To Know But Would Not Have Known Who To Ask“.  This is free and the download page can be accessed here.

Have a great week.



2 years ago / Comments Off on Weekly Update 31-12-18





BG Racing Syndicates

Comments are closed here.